With many of us facing long stints at home, we thought it might be a good idea to compile some of our favourite articles on things to do with tweens. Here's a recap of blogs that you might find useful!
1. Every day can be World Book Day - Reading isn't just fun for one day of the year. Here are a few ideas for ways to spice up reading and get away from the screens a bit whilst you're stuck indoors:
2. Films and TV Series - Be sure to take a break from the news and have a little family escape. The mental wellbeing of your family is as important as staying safe from the virus. Here are a few of our favourites:
3. Fancy getting out - At the moment, going for a walk in a quiet area is still acceptable. We look at different activities you can do from anywhere:
4. Big chats - Your tweens literally can't leave! Is this the time to have some big conversations? Maybe discussing their changing bodies or even pocket money and saving techniques, to pass some time...and then quickly allow that game of Fortnite to smooth it all over, ha!
5. We've found a few external articles that are also useful:
Stuck in self-isolation? Here are 12 museums that offer virtual tours that you can take from your sofa. Take a tour as a family or even take them individually and rank them out of 10:
As coronavirus continues to dominate headlines, how do you reassure and talk to your tweens about it? We spotted this amazing comic, created by Malaka Gharib in conjunction with US news site, NPR. It's a great way to explain Covid-19 to children and simple things to do to stop it's spread: